- Simmons, M.J., Alberini, F., Tsoligkas, A.N., Gargiuli, J., Parker, D.J., Fryer, P.J., Robinson, S. 2012. Development of a hydrodynamic model for the UV-C treatment of turbid food fluids in a novel ‘SurePure turbulatorTM’ swirl-tube reactor. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies. Vol. 14, pages 122-134.
- Alberini, F., Simmons, M.J.H., Koutchma, T., 2015. Validation of hydrodynamic and microbial inactivation models for UV-C treatment of milk in a swirl-tube ‘SurePure TurbulatorTM, J. Food Eng. doi: 10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2015.04.009.
- Cappozzo, J., Koutchma,T., and Barnes,G. 2015. Chemical characterization of milk after treatment with thermal (HTST and UHT) and non-thermal (turbulent flow ultraviolet UV) processing technologies. Journal of Diary Science.
- Crook, J., Rossitto. P., Parko, J., Koutchma, T., Cullor. J. 2015. Efficacy of Ultraviolet (UV-C) Light in a Thin Film Turbulent Flow for the Reduction of Milkborne Pathogens, Food Pathogens and Diseases.
- Cilliers, F.P., Gouws, P.A., Koutchma, T., Engelbrecht, Y., Adriaanse, C., Swart, P. 2014. A microbiological, biochemical and sensory characterisation of bovine milk treated by heat and ultraviolet (UV) light for manufacturing Cheddar cheese. 2014. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies. doi: 10.1016/j.ifset.2014.03.005
- Christen, L., Ching Tat Lai, Hartmann, B., Hartmann, P., Geddes, D.T. The Effect of UV-C Pasteurization on Bacteriostatic Properties and Immunological Proteins of Donor Human Milk, PLoS ONE, December 2013, Volume 8 (12).
- Koutchma, T. and Barnes, G. Shelf Life Enhancements of Milk Products. Food Technology. 2013. October, pages 68-69.
- Teixeira, A.G., Bicalho, M.L.S., Machado, V.S., Oikonomou, G., Kacar, C., Foditsch, C., Young, R., Knauer, W.A., Nydama, D.V., Bicalho, R.C. 2013. Heat and ultraviolet light treatment of colostrum and hospital milk: Effects on colostrum and hospital milk characteristics and calf health and growth parameter. The Veterinary Journal. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2013.03.032
- Christen, L., Ching T.L., Hartmann, B., Hartmann, P., Geddes, D.T. 2013. Ultraviolet-C Irradiation: A Novel Pasteurization Method for Donor Human Milk. PLoS ONE 8(6): e68120. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0068120
- Rossitto, P.V., Cullor, J.S., Crook, J., Parko, J., Sechi, P., and Cenci-goga, B.T. 2012. Effects of UV irradiation in a continuous turbulent flow UV reactor on microbiological and sensory characteristics of cow’s milk. Journal of Food Protection, vol. 75, no. 12, 2012, pages 2197–2207.
- Rudean van Wyk , Gouws. P.A. 2011. Inactivation of pathogenic and heat resistant microorganisms in milk by a non-thermal UV treatment system. IUVA News 13, No.1, 2.
- Donaghy, J., Keyser, M., Johnston, J., Cilliers, T., Gouws P.A. and Rowe, M.T. 2009. Inactivation of Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis in milk by UV treatment. Letters in Applied Microbiology 49, pages 217–221.
- Atic, L. C., Rowe, M.T., and Grant. I.G. 2007. UV light inactivation of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis in milk as assessed by fast plaque tb phage assay and culture. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, June 2007, pages 3728–3733
- Reinemann, D.J., Gouws, P., Cilliers, T., Houck, K. and Bishop, J.R. 2006. New methods for UV treatment of milk for improved food safety and product quality. Written for presentation at the 2006 ASABE Annual International Meeting, ASABE Portland Convention Center Portland, Oregon 9 - 12 July 2006.
- Keyser, M., Műller, I., Frans P., Cilliers, T., Withann N, Gouws, P.A. 2008. Ultraviolet radiation as a non-thermal treatment for the inactivation of microorganisms in fruit juice. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies 9, pages 348–354
JUICE AND WINE
- Fredericks, I.N., Maret du Toit, Krügel, M. 2011 Efficacy of ultraviolet radiation as an alternative technology to inactivate microorganisms in grape juices and wines. Food Microbiology 28, pages 510-517.
- Torriani, S. etc. 2014. Effect of UV-C treatment on the microbial population of white and red wines, as revealed by conventional plating and PMA-qPCR methods. Food Control.
- M. Lorenzini, M., f Fracchetti, V. Bolla, E. Stefanelli, F. Rossi and S. Torriani, S. Ultraviolet light (UV-C) irradiation as an alternative technology for the control of microorganisms in grape juice and wines. 2012. Presented at: 33rd World congress of Vine and Wine, Tbilisi Georgia
- Mezui, A.M. and Swart,P. 2010. Effect of UV-C Disinfection of Beer – Sensory: Analyses and Consumer Ranking. Journal of The Institute Of Brewing. Publication no. G-2010-1221-110, pages 348-353.
- Groenewald, W., Witthun, N., Gouws, P. 2013. The use of ultraviolet radiation as a non-thermal treatment for the inactivation of Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris spores in water and wash water from a fruit processing plant and fruit juice concentrate. Journal of New Generation Sciences, Vol.11 No 2 (due July 2013)
- Koutchma, T. Non-thermal and non-chemical UV Purification Achieves Better Safety and Quality of Food and Drink Ingredients. World Ingredients, 2013, October.
- Koutchma, T. UV surface refreshment technology for protein based liquid ingredients, World Ingredients, 2014, April.